Leading Westchester based title insurance agency seeks an experienced Counsel. Must have demonstrated skills in reviewing and evaluating title searches and insurance risk factors and must be able to justify and communicate underwriting requirements to counsel for buyers/sellers/lenders on residential and commercial real estate transactions.
This position is best suited for someone that is comfortable with a fast paced environment, has exceptional time management skills, the ability to multitask and proficient computer skills. Outstanding customer service and relationship building skills are needed as well as the ability to interact comfortably with demanding clients and deadlines.
Job Title: General Counsel
Required Education and Work Experience:
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience with residential real estate title and title insurance
- Attorney Admitted to practice law in New York, in good standing
The duties involved in this role include:
- Analyzing transactions and providing guidance for resolving title problems;
- Drafting and reviewing commitment requirements, policy exceptions and affirmative insurance;
- Assisting in developing, formulating and implementing company policies and guidelines relating to title insurance underwriting and related matters.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to manage time efficiently and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Working knowledge of general title policy underwriting standards
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Overall positive attitude and willingness to adapt to change and fast paced environment
- Must possess strong organizational skills, as well as the ability to quickly identify and resolve problems
- Proficient ability to evaluate, learn, and implement modern title production systems and technology resources including Microsoft Office products and Adobe Acrobat
- Competitive base salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K
- Paid Vacation
To apply please send Resume with cover letter including salary requirements. Salary requirements must be included to be considered for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.